New Advocate Training
Sioux Falls CASA offers New Advocate training sessions in-person as well as web-based training four times per year .
2022 In-Person Training Dates:
Each session is four days, meeting 9:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. each day. This equates to 30 hours of training required by the National CASA/GAL Association.
- January 7th & 8th and 21st & 22nd
- April 8th & 9th and 22nd & 23rd
- July 15th & 16th and 29th & 30th
- October 14th & 15th and 28th & 29th
2022 Web-Based Training Date:
This training is 5 weeks, with a mixture of self-guided online learning and weekly Zoom Sessions. The self-guided online learning will take about 3 hours each week; however, it does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- March 15th - April 19th, with weekly Zoom Sessions on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30
- June 14th - July 26th, with weekly Zoom Sessions on Tuesdays from 11:30 to 2:30 (we will not meet the week of July 4th)
- September 13th - October 18th, with weekly Zoom Sessions on Tuesdays from 11:30 to 2:30
- November 8th - December 13th, with weekly Zoom Sessions on Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30
Need more information about being CASA Volunteer Advocate before applying? Head over to our Information Sessions page to learn when we'll be offering our next session.
If you are interested in becoming a CASA Volunteer Advocate, please fill out the form below.