New Advocate Training
Sioux Falls CASA offers New Advocate training (in-person and web-based) several times throughout the year.
2023 In-Person Training Dates:
Each session is four days, meeting from 9:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. each day. This equates to 30 hours of training required by the National CASA/GAL Association.
- January 20th & 21st and February 3rd & 4th
- April 14th & 15th and 28th & 29th
- July 14th & 15th and 28th & 29th
- October 20th & 21st and November 3rd & 4th
2023 Online Training Dates:
Each class is 5 weeks, with a mixture of self-guided online learning and weekly Zoom meetings. The self-guided online learning will take about 3 hours each week; however, it does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- March 28th - April 25th with weekly Zoom sessions Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30
- June 13th - July 25th with weekly Zoom sessions Tuesdays from 11:30 to 2:30 (no session July 4th)
- September 19th - October 24th with weekly Zoom sessions Tuesdays from 11:30 to 2:30
- November 7th - December 12th with weekly Zoom sessions Tuesdays from 5:30 to 8:30
Need more information about being CASA Volunteer Advocate before applying? Head to our Information Sessions page to learn when we'll be offering our next session.
If you are interested in becoming a CASA Volunteer Advocate, please fill out the form below.