Advocacy is Never Cancelled = We Need You!
Every year, the Courts in our area handle hundreds of child abuse and neglect cases.
Every one of them is much more than just a file…each is a child’s life.
The children assigned to our Program need someone to stand up for them.
Someone to stand up for their hopes, dreams, and futures.
Someone with a super-heroic heart and a commitment to something bigger than themselves.
Someone who is willing to try something unique and forever change a life.
Could that someone be YOU?
No prior experience necessary – we will train you in the ways of a CASA!
- CASA Volunteers must be at least 21 years of age.
- CASA Volunteers must have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- CASA Volunteers must possess mature judgement, a high degree of responsibility, and sufficient time to advocate for the best interest of the child.
- CASA Volunteers must be able to relate to persons of different cultures, backgrounds, and socioeconomic statuses.
What about working full-time?
Wondering if you can be an effective CASA Volunteer while working full-time? Check out what the blog post from CASA of Travis County (Austin, TX) has to say. Hint: It's YES!
Other Ways You Can Help:
- Host a CASA 101 for friends, family, or co-workers
- Connect CASA with your civic organization, social club, church community, or business
- Share today's social media post
- Volunteer at a CASA event or informational booth
- Become a member of the CASA Board or Ad-Hoc committees